Somatic Coaching is a body based approach to one-on-one or small group setting work towards personal transformation. Somatic Coaching is a complement to traditional talk coaching as it moves from the brain and cognition to the body and sensation. Somatic coaching taps into the unconscious mind so we can get more sustainable results.
Working with the body is a powerful way to both address our past traumas and to prepare for our future goals. Somatic coaching is a trauma informed approach.
In our current society our bodies are often an afterthought – but our bodies hold so much information and contain pathways to wholeness. Engaging with our physical experiences can offer insight and strength in ways that are surprising and sometimes challenging.
Our bodies hold the wisdom to so much of our healing and our faster way to access transformation.
Like having a coach, having someone to guide and support us on the journey of learning through our bodies can deepen the work and provide containers for safety and understanding.
Somatic Coaching can benefit anyone, we all deserve to be in an active relationship with our bodies, to have awareness of our sensations, and to move in the world from a place of connection and alignment.
Somatic Coaching can help clients to:
- Manage anxiety and depression
- Build resilience, flexibility, and agility
- Increase their self-confidence in new areas
- Accelerate their career trajectory
- Assist them to manage an increasingly complex world
- Introduce them to the “felt experience” of being embodied
- Give them access to multiple intelligences that live in the body
- Cultivate their leadership presence
- Focus their talents into purposeful action
- Create the capacity for them to produce valuable results
The Somatic Process Method created by Rachel Friedman integrates traditional somatic work (healing through the body), shadow work, with energy practices and classical mindfulness techniques. Each client is seen as whole, and their problems are seen as seeds that need to unfold. In that unfolding process we discover the wisdom and medicine for each person in order to move forward and prosper.
To learn more about working with Rachel for anxiety click here.
To learn more about becoming a Somatic Coach click here.